september/october resolutions

11:13:00 PM

I used to make goals pretty consistently, but I had a hard time actually following through with them. I plan to really push myself this time and get through everything I'm setting out to accomplish. since its already half way through september, I'm just going to start all my goals today and have a little extra time to get where I want to be.

1. now that I have the asthma under [more] control, I've started running again today. I started on week 2 of the program, so from today, 9/19/11 through 10/30/11, my goal is not to miss a single run! 4 days a week, preferrably before work because it is so much easier to not skip a work out.

2. along with running 4 days a week, the program I'm doing requires strength training/weights 2 days a week. the program actually tells me exactly what exercises to do on what days, for how many reps. I'm not a fan of this. something about doing a move, then having to stop to figure out what the next move is completely distracts me from the task at hand and then I don't finish. conveniently enough, about a month before I got married, I purchased a package of 10 classes at a pilates studio called K Pilates. my plan was to go twice a week, but between work, school, and planning a wedding, I went the one time that I bought the package, and that's it! so now, on my weight training days, my plan is to go to the morning pilates classes on tuesdays and thursdays. that will last me 5 weeks, up until I finally hit my first 30 minute run :)

3. finish the Hunger Games. I've tried to read this book twice, and each time I got busy with other stuff and just forgot about it. well, with 2 years before I get back into school, I have no reason to not read it! I'm starting it tonight, right after I post this.

4. consistently get enough sleep. this one is hard! weekends always throw me off track, but I've been trying to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep a night. last week was terrible, because we did a million and one things with the house that required us to start working right when we got home from work, til about midnight, with about 3-4 trips to home depot in between. but I know how important sleep is, and I don't plan on jipping myself.

5. find a bridesmaid dress! one of my dearest friends natalie is getting married on November 18. knowing me, I probably won't start looking for a dress until around November 1. ideally, I would have one ready long before then, which is what I had planned for kandyce's wedding. well, I didn't have that dress until 3 days before... so this is my 5th and final goal.


and my reward if I get through this checklist? well, if I really do follow through, I'll be in much better shape in a month and a half from running and pilates, I'll feel more rested and mayyyybe get rid of some under-eye bags from sleeping enough, and I won't be stressed when natalie's wedding comes around. if all goes as planned, the rewards kind of work themselves in.






and maybe I'll treat myself to some sushi and a new outfit... or something :)

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. i love the list girl! :) I need to do goals... maybe now that i've read yours I'll make a list of goals ! thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete