4.8.2017 | Disneyland and Detroit!

11:30:00 PM

It's been a hot second, and quite a bit has happened! At the end of February, Mat came home from Detroit and we took a trip to Disneyland for Kacey's golden 28th. Holler! It was the Disneyland trip of dreams... mostly. Infants add a layer of complication, but when I look back, it was definitely way more fun than anything else. Benson had a blast and still asks me to go to Mickey Mouse's house at least once a week. I put together videos of our trip - day 1 is considerably less exciting haha but it rained that whole day and Mat forgot his camera at the hotel, so there wasn't much filming going on. But day 2 was perfect and sunny and the absolute best day ever!



We got home from Disneyland and Mat spent the next few days catching up with family and friends, then we all shipped off to Detroit for 3 weeks! When we landed it was 18 degrees. EIGHTEEN DEGREES. What a joke. I don't remember ever being more cold than I was in that city haha. We were in a suburb called Novi, and it was actually pretty nice. All the wives out there were so fun, but unfortunately we didn't do as much exploring as I had hoped. Benson got sick for a few days, then Perry got sick for a few days, and between that and my milk supply dropping (TMI?) that girl kept us up every 1-2 hours all night long. As an added bonus, it snowed half the time I was there. Snow is gorgeous, but it is terrifying to drive in! And when you're from Arizona and you don't own any snow appropriate clothes, it cancels any plans you may have made to get out of the house.

Bens' first time on a plane! He was so excited. While we were in Detroit he got obsessed with Little Einsteins, so on our way home when the plane started picking up speed for take up, he put his hands up and yelled, "Blast off!"

Is there anything better than a happy, chunky baby?

This was the craziest thing. Poor kid had a fever for 3 days our first week there, and he just passed out on the couch watching tv. I think the last time this happened was when he was an infant haha

SNOW!


On our flight back, there were open seats so they let me bring Perry's carseat on board to let her sit in. That ended up being pointless bc she was ticked for the first half of the flight! I think too much going on and she got over stimulated/over tired. Since we brought Benson's carseat on board too to strap him in so he wasn't constantly trying to get up and run around, Mat and I had to sit across from each other. Some dingbat decided he wanted to sit in the aisle seat next to me, instead of the other 20 open seats behind us. I'm sure he regretted his decision when Perry was fussing/crying for an hour right after we took off haha (karma!), but Mat was amazing.  He took Perry (we had to pass her over the aisle and over the idiot next to me, who had his headphones on and was asleep [insert pissed face here]) and calmed her right down. I don't know what I would've done without him on this flight. Ohhh yes I do. I would've cried.

So after Detroit, Mat was home for one glorious week with us, then flew back out. He's been gone about a week and is scheduled to be home a week after Easter. So I'm single mom-ing it again. Days aren't too bad, because I stay busy and just focus on the kids. It's nights that suck. Usually I put the kids to bed and I'm like, "FREEDOM!" but now I don't know what to do with myself haha. After the kitchen is clean, I usually sit on the couch on my phone for awhile, then I move to my bed and lay in bed on my phone til I fall asleep. Gosh, this life I live is so glam.


You Might Also Like

0 Comments