Spanksgiving

12:06:00 AM

didn't start exactly how I expected... but ended perfectly :)

so I'll start with how I thought it'd start. Mat told me awhile ago that his family usually does things around 2 pm. so this morning I slept in til about 11:30 and called mat while I was still laying in bed. "did you just wake up?" he asked me. "yep..." "alright you comin over?" "well I'm going to shower and get ready, then come over." "okay, you know it starts at 12 right?" I immediately thought he was joking, and kept telling him to stop trying to trick me. welp, turns out he was being serious. so I started running around, jumped in the shower and got ready by about 12:30, and was angrily texting him the whole time. when I was finally with mat and he got to his great grandma's, everything calmed down. we had our thanksgiving lunch, and then played kickball for 3 hours with all the cousins. his family is kinda how I imagine my utah family to be like: tons of kids and super close. it made me miss going up there for reunions every year for grandma's birthday... but anyways. left at about 3:30 and went to mat's for a quick nap.

then it came time for my family's thanksgiving dinner. mat and I decided to bring our newly purchased wii over for entertainment... that was maybe our best idea yet! after dinner, we hooked it up and started playing wii tennis. it was great to have everyone involved in the same thing, and it was fun watching mom and dad play. randy said his christmas list has been altered and now he wants one! I'm crossing my fingers that mom and dad get one too so that mat and I don't have to haul ours back and forth when we come over.

after dinner, about 50 rounds of different wii sports, and a couple rounds of mario, mat and I packed up the wii and went to his house, finished the last episode of lost, and went our separate ways.

all-in-all, a fabulous thanksgiving. the next thing I have to look forward to? classes to finish!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments