The Glory Days

8:02:00 AM

Yes, I have glory days. They were years 1-3 of high school as a Mountain View Pommie. Yep, I was one of them! Don't judge me.
My Pom career didn't start off gorgeous... it was my first time dancing for three years since I had surgery and from what I could tell, I sucked next to this chicks doing triple pirouettes without a single hop. When I tried out for my sophomore year, I was so confident that I didn't make it, that I didn't even check the numbers on the school office window when they posted the results... my mom did. And she came back and told me I had made the team, haha. For junior year try outs, Dannis made it very clear that just because we were on the team now, doesn't mean we would make it again, so we shouldn't take try outs lightly. Again, certain that I didn't make the cuts, my parents checked the numbers and brought the good news. By my senior year, I was confident enough in my capabilites to check the list on my own, haha.

Well the other day I was blog hopping, and was reading my good friend Sarah's blog. She helps coach the Pom team now and so she's been to every competition since we graduated. (Did I mention my senior year was the fourth year in a row our team had won State? That's right!) So she had a link to where you could watch this years competition, because Mountain View had won for the 6th time in a row. So I went on the site, found where Mountain Views performance was... and I got the chills. Not only are these girls amazing (ten times more amazing than our routine was for sure!) but it made me start reminiscing.  My sophomore and junior years of high school I thought a lot about whether I wanted to stay on pom the following year, just because it was so time consuming. The only break we had during the year was July, other than that, during the school year we had practice first hour, weight training second hour, then after school practice for 2-3 hours twice a week. Plus, when competition season started creepin up, we had saturday morning practices from about October/November to March.  It was craziness, but so incredibly worth it. I literally get CHILLS (lame, I know) anytime I see a performance, or watch old videos of my performances. Not to mention, I was in tip top shape those days, and that motivates me to get my butt off the couch! Even though I didn't hang out with these girls outside of school or practices, they became some of my closest friends and they hold some of my fondest memories. I miss it so much, and I can only hope that one day when I have kiddos, the girl(s) I have will love dance as much as I do.

So many good memories with these girls and this team that I wouldn't change for the world.

On a different note, I'm getting hitched in seven days! HOORAY!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments