progress report!

12:41:00 PM

so my october resolutions... thus far I am 2 for 5.

1. running program - I've been keeping on track with my running, although I'm thinking of repeating this week of training because it's been kicking my butt, and I think I need to get better at it before I make it more difficult for myself.

2. morning karve - ehh... okay so I've only been once. but that's because on monday I've been taking 2 dance classes, one of which is technique, which kicks my trash, and then tuesday morning I wake up incredibly sore. I wouldn't say that this goal is a complete bust, though, because I've replaced it with either dance, yoga, or just running a straight mile (which I did for the first time ever two weeks ago!).

3. finish Hunger Games - yeahhh... I started it again. but I'm only in the second chapter. usually the only time I have to read is when I'm going to bed, and I'm usually too tired to get anywhere. I'll have to dedicate more down time to this one.

4. getting a minimum of 7 hours of sleep - getting enough sleep? piece of cake! I've literally mastered falling asleep when I want. and to prove it, thursday night mat had band practice at 8. around 8:05 I realized that I was really tired, but figured I wouldn't be able to fall asleep with the band playing across the hallway. I got ready for bed anyways, and layed down, and decided to try relaxing the way you do at the end of a yoga class - arms to your side, palms up, legs relaxed so that your feet are open, then slowly relaxing each part of your body starting at your head and finishing with your toes. one yoga teacher I had would always have us imagine everything melting into the ground as you relax it, so that's what I did, and by the time I got to my shoulders, I was passed out. didn't wake up a single time, and practice lasted an hour and a half. impressive right? I think so! so I've been going to bed between 9 and 10 every night, and waking up at 5, completely refreshed. I've got to say, being a morning person is awesome. I love having time to relax before work.

5. finding a bridesmaid dress - ahh... the infamous bridesmaids dress. well, natalie changed things up a bit, and now I need to find a brown skirt and a peach shirt. kandyce and I went shopping the other day and didn't find a single brown skirt. seriously! we're gonna have to do some mad hunting in order to find something before the big day. so this one isn't a complete bust either, at least I'm working towards it.

I'm finally starting to see results from exercising so much, and I know its actually because I switched around my diet this week. went to sprouts and got some granola and almonds (cherry vanilla granola? amaaazing!). also got a lot of meats and seasonings to cook good dinners with, and I've actually started eating less. here's the thing, I grew up eating junk food. my family munches, aaaaall the time. well, I feel like this past week I finally broke that cycle! it was tough at first, because I'm a bored muncher, and work tends to get boring after an hour or two, but I've been able to distract myself and drink a heck of a lot more water so that I know I'm not really hungry. as far as feeling results, well I started feeling better almost immediately after I started running. its amazing what endorphins will do!

thursday night at the end of yoga, after meditation, the instructor told us to think of some negative thing in our life that's holding us down, whether it was a negative thought about ourselves or someone else, stress, resentment, anything that was negative, then leave it on the mat as we sat up, and never think of it again. it was the weirdest thing, I couldn't think of a single negative thing to leave behind. I'm not even hating on myself these days, which is huge because I have never been able to just be consistantly happy with myself, specifically the way I look, and not let it ruin my day. this exercising thing has completely changed my perspective of myself. don't get me wrong, I don't greet myself with a glance in the mirror and a, "heyyyyyy, good lookin!" every morning, its just not something that stresses me out anymore. that was an amazing feeling, to realize that I am finally completely and utterly happy with myself.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. ok are october resoultions are very similar! why arent we doing them together?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so ambitious and your husband is cute for leaving you a note in the fridge <3 He knows where you'll be looking!

    I <3 you

    ReplyDelete