date night

4:14:00 PM

mat and I are lucky enough to have the same group of friends, so when we started dating, neither of us had to become strangers to our besties. however, it did make going on dates a little difficult. since we were so used to just meeting up with all of our friends, we would tend to forget to get a little "us" time. so, we started to go on a date every other weekend, and we took turns planning.

since we've been married, dates have become even more scarce. not because we don't want to, but sometimes its just easy to hang out instead of actually go out and plan something out of the ordinary. well, this past weekend I decided that I was going to combine a date with one of mat's favorite things to do: sitting at home watching quality movies. I came up with this idea via pinterest (is that place amazing or what?)

first, I got mat out of the house by sending him to pick up dinner. then, I frantically ran around the house. moved the mattress in our guest bedroom to our living room floor, grabbed all the sheets we have in our house (a whopping 3...) and one that I had bought just in case, and a string of christmas lights. I started to build a fort, then after like, 6 failed attempts to get it to stay up, I called mat, told him he could come home, and that he would have to help me set up because I clearly was not cut out for it. with mat's help, we engineered the perfect fort around the tv, couch, and mattress, set up the christmas lights, and proceeded to watch the Nightmare Before Christmas and Home Alone 1.
definitely one of my most favorite date nights :) I'm thinking we'll start building forts regularly and perfecting our methods. the fort was half collapsed and about 2 inches from my face when I woke up this morning.

on a different note, I'm sure eeeeeveryone is wondering how I did on my october goals! well. I successfully got a bridesmaids outfit. aaaand that's about where I stand. not to say that this is okay, but it is hard and a little bit scary to run around the neighborhood every morning when its still pitch black! so I'm setting new goals, to be started after thanksgiving, since I'm still trying to get 100% over a little sickness. I'll roll those babies out a little later.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments