a new year

6:16:00 PM

2012 doesn't seem all that different. exceeeept I've been feeling EXTRA motivated to make something of myself lately. I've compiled a handful of resolutions, and I've got a great feeling I'll be able to cross them off my list by the close of this year.

I plan on splitting up my resolutions each month to make them more achievable. but for this month, it'll just be to not fail any of them in the beginning, haha. so here it goes!

1. daily prayer and scripture study. always a good habit.
2. go to the temple once a month.
3. exercise a minimum of 3 days per week.
4. build up our savings again and cut out unecessary expenses.
5. never have more that 3 loads of landry at a time (this one will be the toughest for me... lame, I know)
6. develop my talents and share them.

now those ones are more like maintenance goals. I'll have to work at those constantly and there won't really be an end to them. but these next ones actually have an ending point.

7. get up and stay up on a wakeboard. (I am terrified of wakeboards... true story)
8. run 30 minutes straight without stopping
9. build up my photography skills until I'm able to run my own photoshoots
10. make our house a home. my favorite one :)

so, there you have it. 2012 has already pushed me out of my comfort zone. a friend of mine that recently started up her own dance company invited me to dance with her adult company, however, mat and I don't have the extra money to spare right now (all of our spare money is going towards our rental). so she offered me a teaching job that I can cover my tuition for the company. as much as I love dancing and as much as I've thought about teaching dance, I've always been to scared to try! being in charge of something that I've never done before before gives me anxiety, and looooots of it. like teaching our primary class, the first lesson I taught I thought I was going to pee my pants, and our kids are only 5! but now I love teaching and am so thankful that mat and I get to share that calling.

so this coming tuesday will be my first dance class I ever teach. it'll be a 45-minute ballet/jazz combo class for girls 3-6 years old. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but there's a possibility that I'll have a few little cousins from mat's side in there, so I'm getting excited. hopefully this will open the door for many more teaching opportunities, and build my confidence up in sharing my talents.

oh, and the other thing I'm doing to "develop my talents" is Project 366. this project entails taking one photo each day of 2012. thus far I've been on top of it, however I haven't gotten my tumblr account set up for it yet. but I will. just wait and see.

2012 is going to be crazy, fun, busy, amazing, all of the above, and I cannot wait to see everything it has in store :)

You Might Also Like

1 Comments