perspective

11:20:00 PM

i am currently laying on our couch next to my darling husband, who is playing nazi zombies, saying ridulous things like, "oh mama, chimichanga!" and "come to papa..." i don't get this game, nor do i get the stupid catch phrases these boys come up with. and i doubt i ever will.

this past week was extremely tiring. came home from a long awaited, but more tiring than expected vacation around midnight on monday, then on top of my usual 8 hr work day, i had two 6 hour shifts at sprinkles. by friday night, i was exhuasted. but mat treated me to cheesecake factory for dinner, and let me snuggle him until i fell asleep on the couch. saturday, we got a new fan for our family room, talked about the upcoming upgrades we'd like to make to our house, then i got my sushi fix at mo's bachelorette party.

this upcoming week will most likely be just as tiring. i only have one shift at sprinkles, but i am subbing for two dance classes tomorrow evening. wednesday night we're doing facials at mutual (yes!). i have two photoshoots that i need to edit that i've been putting off, and i'd like to get our san francisco pictures together as well. i wish i had the time and/or energy and/or drive to work out regularly. i do miss that.

sometimes i look at how busy i am these days and wonder why the crap i decided to take a second job. 14 hour work days do NOT do the body good! then i come across pictures of my family back in the philippines and remember. i cannot wait to be reunited with them next year, but i'm not looking forward to the 17 hours of airplanes and airports, or the jet lag we'll be experiencing. but its all worth it. sometimes i wonder how in the world my mom manages to be on the opposite end of the earth from her family. the last time i was in the philippines i was 15 or 16, and i remember getting teary-eyed when we drove away from my lola's house to go to the airport. I am so excited to spend the week with my family, but it's bittersweet, because this could very well be the last time i get to see my lola. but i am so beyond grateful that we get to see her at all, and that mat will have the opportunity to meet her.

funny, i started this post to vent my exhaustion. but i'm ending it feeling so blessed. blessed with my family and mat's family that both live so close to us, blessed with my hilarious, loving, huge family in the phillipines, blessed with the many opportunities i had growing up to spend my summers with them, and blessed with the opportunity we have to go visit them again next year. sometimes i just need to say things out loud (or write them down) to get the right perspective.

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Kaelin I just found this post and I love it. I am so glad to hear that I was not the only one that was EXHAUSTED after that fun trip. I love how hard you are willing to work to get to see your family. I would certainly do the same. You are a gem. I just wanted you to know that. Oh Mama Chimichanga!

    ReplyDelete