angie ann

11:34:00 PM

my sweet mat lost someone very dear to him today. this morning we learned that Angie Shull had passed away. Mat met her in one of his last areas on his mission, and instantly clicked with her and her amazing family. She helped him get through the last part of his mission, and provided him with a home away from home. I've heard countless stories about her, how funny she was, how kind, how thoughtful. I finally got to meet her a couple years ago when she was visiting family in Arizona, and made a point to come to mat's show. I instantly felt like I had known her for years. She talked so highly of Mat, and kept saying how proud she was of him. This morning she was called back home, and I regret that I only got to meet her once.

There is nothing harder than seeing your loved one hurt so much, but not being able to help. Tonight, we just laid in bed and cried together. My heart aches for Angie's sweet girls, and her loving husband.  Mat has spoken to all of them, and I'm hoping he'll be able to spend time with them in the next week or so.

Angie, I hardly knew you, but I already know that I want to be just like you. Bubbly, fun, kind, and most of all, selfless. Thank you for being such a light in mat's life.  I'm heartbroken that you won't be able to meet our son down here, but if you can, give him a few pointers up there before he makes his debut. You will always be in our hearts.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments