11/5/13

11:03:00 PM

I know I've been posting throughout my pregnancy, bust I want to have a concise summary of  everything to look back on before I forget it all. This post is more for myself than anything else, but I don't think many people check up on this blog anyways haha.

I found out I was pregnant on November 5, 2013.  A few days before that, mat and I were painting our kitchen. He left to grab a couple things from Home Depot and I remember standing at the top of the ladder painting and getting really woozy. I hadn't eaten all day, so I knew that was part of it, but I felt a completely different kind of hungry. I sat down and took a break, and called mat to bring some food back too. I knew I was a day or two late, and had a very strong sneaking suspicion that I was pregnant, but didn't want to jump the gun, so I kept quiet.  The next couple days I just felt different, and there were absolutely no signs of me starting my period. I was on the phone with a friend and half jokingly told her that I legitimately thought I was pregnant. I told her how I was feeling, and how there were no signs of me starting, but that I read that the best test results were a week after a missed period so that I was going to wait to take a test. She told me that I was definitely pregnant and that I couldn't wait that long, haha. I was adamant, and said I'd keep her posted.

The next day mat and I were on our way home from his parents house, and I couldn't keep quiet anymore! I told him I was late, and he giggled and said, "well, I guess we'll see!!" I looked at him, surprised, and said, "I can't believe you're not turning this car around to go get a test!" To which he responded, "I didn't know you could tell this soon! Let's go!" Haha, so we got a pregnancy test and headed home.

I was so nervous at this point! I had to get some water in my system so I could pee, so I kept putting off the test and mat was getting antsy. I finally took the test and as soon as that baby was capped, mat took it from me and shielded it so I couldn't see haha. I sat down on the couch as mat paced back and forth waiting for the results to show up. After a few minutes, he walked in, plopped down and put his arm around me and said, "so, do you want the good news or the bad news?" when i responded by burying my face in my hands and telling him to just tell me, he smiled, grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "you're pregnant!" I had such mixed feelings! I was happy, obviously, its a huge blessing. but holy crap! i'm in the middle of school, mat is working full time and providing our only income, our lives are about to change like crazy!! i'll be honest, i needed my moment to be scared. mat was ecstatic, and if it hadn't been for his pure joy, i would have lost it. i immediately skyped my sister kate - she is seriously my backbone. i shed a few tears, but after her reassuring me that everything will work out just fine, i remembered that if we weren't meant to start our family in the crazy time in our lives, than we wouldn't be pregnant. so from that point on, it was just excitement.

the first person we told after kate was mat's mom. best. reaction. ever. mat just texted her a picture of the pregnancy test, and called her right after so we could hear her reaction first hand. the text wasn't going through at first because he was on the phone with her, so he kept saying that he sent a picture of our kitchen (we were painting and doing backsplash) and he wanted to know what she thought. finally, he decided to hang up so the text would go through, but told her to call him right after she got the text. probably less than a minute after they hung up, she called back and just screamed into the phone! haha it was so great. i couldn't forget her excitement if i tried.

a day or two later, i told my parents while i was hanging out at their house, and they were equally as thrilled.  right after i said i was pregnant, my mom took her glasses off and perked up, then suddenly got serious and asked, "what about school?" haha i reassured her that graduating was still in the books for us, it would just be a bit trickier! so then she perked up again and it was all excitement from that point on. having both parents back us is what really got all the fuss rolling. obviously i knew that both parents would be happy for us, but i have a serious fear of disappointing my family and always tend to expect the worst. noooot the best quality, but i'm learning and i'm working on it :)

the next day, i told my program director at school, who was obviously supportive, and had me sign some papers for the program, and gave me a form to have my physician fill out. and, just my luck, that evening i had my radiography lab, so i had to tell everyone else in my class because i then had to wear this lovely, floor length, lead apron while taking x-rays. ugh, i hate that thing. anyways, i first told my team, who started crying! so obviously i start crying because one, i'm a sympathetic cryer, and two, my hormones are all a mess already. then i tell my teacher, whom i love (and am so sad she's not returning next year!), and then everyone else as they slowly trickle in to class. i'm terrible with drawing attention to myself too, which made this whole ordeal even worst for me haha. although i had to tell my friends at school about my pregnancy when i was still in the process of coming to terms with it, it was really nice to have friends that knew and that i could talk to about it before we made the big announcement once we hit 13 weeks.

that week that we found out we were expecting was such a whirlwind of emotions, but i love remembering it. the fear, the excitement, all of it. and now, in about 3 hours, i'm supposed to call the hospital to see if they have room for me to be admitted so that i can be induced, and we can finally meet this sweet little guy that's been taking up room in my belly.  ho. ly. crap! i'm about to be a mom!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments