8.28.16 | pregnant!

10:51:00 PM

remember how I said that I was getting too old for rollercoasters and crazy rides at knott's berry farm that did anything more than go straight up and down? well, here's a fun fact for you - I was pregnant the whole time! before you start judging me, I was like 2-3 weeks pregnant, so that little embryo had barely burrowed it's way into its temporary home. but my body had already started making big enough changes to make knott's a little difficult, but enjoyable nonetheless. to be honest, I had a sneaking suspicion that I might be pregnant at the time, but I had googled before we went on our trip to make sure that if I ended up being right, I wouldn't be putting my babe in danger.


when it was getting close to aunt flow's arrival, I was paying close attention to how I was feeling. the day came, and half way through might started to try to tickle wrestle me, to which I quickly exclaimed, "no! you can't wrestle me! I think I'm pregnant!" he then rolled his eyes when I told him I was half a day late, haha. but we went and bought pregnancy tests anyways. I ended up not taking one that day because I was spotting and convinced it was my period starting. mat left for a pre-season trip the next day, and I worked, only to come home that night and realize that I was, in fact, another day late. I took the test that night, and when it came out positive, I took a picture with it, uploaded it to our cloud, and annoyingly kept texting mat, asking if his cloud was working and if he could see the pictures I had uploaded, because, "they aren't showing up for me." I woke up the next morning to a text from him that just said, "WHAT!" haha, and the rest is history! I am 28 weeks into this pregnancy, and only 12 weeks away from my due date!

this pregnancy has flown by. we left for ohio when I was about 7 weeks pregnant, just in time for my nausea to kick in. luckily, it was just like it was for benson, where I am nauseous from low blood sugar, but I never throw up. it's just a constant battle of getting myself to eat a little something so that I can feel okay enough to function. but that lasted for about 4 weeks, and then second trimester was wonderful! mat got a gym membership with guest privileges, so when he went to the gym in the morning to play basketball with the guys, I went and worked out. I really want to have some kind of baseline strength to fall back on once I can start working out after baby, so I have been focusing on strength training/weight lifting as opposed to cardio. I usually do a solid cardio work out once a week, and then different strength work outs the rest of the week. in ohio, we were averaging 4-5 days a week, but since I've been home, I've averaged 3 days a week. which, honestly, is better than I ever did during my last pregnancy/ever since I started hygiene school 3 years ago haha. now that I'm in my third trimester and getting more and more easily exhausted, the work outs that I loved during my second trimester are just not cutting it - as in, I'm too tired to really get the full benefit. so I'm planning on taking a couple prenatal yoga classes a week, and then one cardio day and one full body strength training work out a a week. kandyce has been meeting me at the gilbert rec center in the mornings before ian has to go to work, so that's made it easier to at least make it to the gym and get some kind of activity in before working!

speaking of work, I've been working a TON since we've been home. and I love it! honestly, being done with school and actually loving what I get to do as a career has been amazing. I mean, work is work no matter how much you love your field, but I am 100% meant to be a hygienist. I got hired at an office just around the corner for every other saturday, and it's an amazing office with great doctors and staff. then I've been temping wherever I can, mostly jobs I find through facebook. going to a new office is a little unnerving each time, but I haven't worked more than a day at an office I didn't love. every other office that I've worked multiple days for I have thoroughly enjoyed. this sounds nuts, but I am excited for when my kids are older and I can pick up more days while they are at school.

I say this probably every time I write a sporadic post, but I want to update this more. I love having memories to look back on, and I want my kids to be able to look back and see how our life was before, during, and after they've joined us. doing these big updates doesn't really capture all details. so for now, I will try to post once a week and have a highlight to each post, instead of it being a chronological log of things going on. until next time!


You Might Also Like

0 Comments