Breakfast Connoisseur

8:23:00 AM

mat and I sleep in pretty much every chance we get, but lately I've been waking up early no matter what! I could go to bed at 2 in the morning, and still be up by 7. mat, on the other hand, could sleep in until 2 in the afternoon if I let him. usually what happens is I wake up and keep myself entertained for about an hour or so, then I get bored so I go bug him, and he usually gets up for the sake of me not bugging him anymore. what a good husband :)

a few sundays ago, I woke up extra early and decided to make a good old-fashioned filipino breakfast: spam, eggs, and rice. now I know what you're all thinking... "SICK!" but whatevs people! this is quality stuff! it took me about an hour to get everything prepared, then I set the table all fancy, and voila! sunday morning breakfast.


I was really nervous that mat was going to hate it, because really, what white boy likes spam? that's a rarity. to my delight, someone had made him spam on his mission and he loved it! he's trying to conceal his excitement in his picture... no but really, he did like it. the face is mostly due to me waking him up.

unfortunately, this hasn't happened since. but hey, it was fun while it lasted, right?

in other news! I wish I had at least one day off a week to work on getting our house decorated. we're pretty much all situated, but our house is drab! the main theme is black, brown, and beige. sounds like a boys house, haha. mat thinks it looks great, but I need some color! I've decided to make an ottoman for our family room to add a little character, and possibly paint our entertainment center and replace the drawers with wicker baskets. starting next week, I'm going to have one project to get done (maybe) every saturday so that our home becomes a little more cozy. so my upcoming posts will probably entail some before and after pictures.

happy weekend!

You Might Also Like

1 Comments