first

9:49:00 PM


a few weeks ago we celebrated our one year anniversary. one WHOLE year. i can hardly grasp it. even though it has been a long year, at the same time, it has flown by. we have grown so much, learned so much, and it hasn't always been roses. but we have become so much closer, and i couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else. mat makes me laugh, he makes me cry, and even when i'm in the deepest of ruts, he is the only person that can pull me out and make me smile. i'm a jumble of quirks and insecurities, and he doesn't mind any of it. he is the most genuine person i have ever met, and i am so happy that he has decided to share himself and his incredible life with little ol' me.

thankfully, we were both able to take the day off work. we spent the day hiking with gracie, then unluckily i had a performance. we ended the night with a nice dinner. a perfect, low-key celebration day for us :)

happy anniversary, #1. i love you forever.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. you're beautiful! I LOVE this post! I love how you guys celebrated it, low key! You're an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Great Grandma Ella Mae, "For cute, for cute!" Happy 1 year! So glad you're in the family!

    ReplyDelete