10.23.16 | 36 Week Bumpdate

4:51:00 PM

well, i am officially in the last month of this pregnancy. holy crap! its honestly flown by, and i am feeling so unprepared. we had chair rail around our entire house when we bought it, and got most of it removed except for the baby room, because mat insisted, "it makes it feel more like a nursery!" i disagreed, but was just kind of like "whatever." he finally admitted he was wrong (bam!) and we got the chair rail removed, and got the room painted just plain white, or "swiss coffee" if we're going to get technical. I finally feel like I can start putting the room together, now that it's not gray/lavender haha. unfortunately, i still haven't done much. i got a dresser off craig's list that i've been meaning to paint, but decided that the room is too small, and also, i'm short, so i need a shorter dresser so i can put the changing pad on top of it haha. so i decided on one i like from ikea. in true kaelin fashion, i can't get myself to commit to purchasing it until i mull over it for a week. but i got a basket from home goods, i've picked out a woven wall hanging from target, and a couple succulent planters from amazon that i'll be using in there! thank goodness i've got some kind of direction.

as far as the actual pregnancy is going, its been good this last week! doing better as far as eating/testing goes, but still not perfect. i've been feeling pretty good, pain/discomfort wise, except for the sporadic shot of "lightening crotch" and crampy contractions that come and go. my back has been good though, and i only waddle when its been a long day! she's still moving around a ton, rolling over in bed is becoming more of an event than i care to admit, but i know the end is in (close!) sight, so i can't complain.

i've gotten some intense headaches, and earlier this week it was literally constant for 3 days straight, no matter what i did. tylenol, cold compress, caffeine, nothing helped. so i called my doc one morning and left a message. by the time they called me back, the headache had actually subsided, but they said that if it comes back and its bad, to go into ob triage and get checked out. i know they are concerned about pre-eclampsia, which i read up on a ton during my last pregnancy, so i have been looking for signs of that. my blood pressure has been up and down at each visit, which is weird but its not consistently high so thats a good thing. since that last 3 day headache, i've only gotten short episodes of the headache, so i haven't gone into triage yet.

at my last appointment, i asked my doc if there's any standard protocol with GD patients as far as induction. i know that placental failure is a concern, but i wasn't sure if that was if the GD is uncontrolled, or controlled with medication, or what. my due date is 11/18/16, which is a friday. my doctor basically said that he suggests i get induced on or around 11/14/16, which is the monday before. if he's on call that weekend (11/11-11/13/16), he said he'd even do it then. so, that gives us about 3 weeks until d-day! hoooooooly crap. it's coming up quick!

i had my baby shower yesterday, which was equal parts fun and exhausting haha. i gave myself a free pass as far as eating goes, because no one can resist my mom's filipino cooking! she's got very generous friends, some that i've never met before, and they are always so excited for new babies. after everything was done though, i just wanted to sleep haha. but i felt weird leaving my own party, so i stayed til everyone left, and then helped my mom clean up so she wasn't stuck doing it on her own. pilar is the ultimate party planner!

one of my mom's friends insisted on taking a couple solo shots of me at the party, haha.  she said, "i didn't take any pictures when i was pregnant with my kids, and now i regret it. so make sure you take some, just for memories!" so, i took her advice, and got a couple in my sunday best while mat and benson napped. i have a complex about having solo shots taken of me, so i won't say how many boxes i stacked, or how long it took to figure out how to balance it all on the crib corner, or how many embarassing shots i took, haha, but for memory's sake, this is what i got!


You Might Also Like

0 Comments