10.14.16 | Week 35 Bumpdate

9:30:00 AM


35 weeks! i do not feel like its been 4 weeks since i last wrote about this pregnancy, but alas, here we are. i'm still feeling pretty good. working verrrrrry lightly. i've almost completely stopped temping, except for a half day here and there, and i've just been sticking to my regular schedule of mondays 7-12 and every other saturday 7-2. 

working usually puts me down for at least half a day as far as lower back/hips go, but icing helps a ton. i've also been going to a chiropractor for a couple weeks to help keep my lower back aligned, and its helped a ton! she specializes in prenatal, which is obvious in the way she treats my symptoms. i first went to her because after working a full day one day, I had a consistent sharp pain in my lower back/right hip area that I thought might be sciatica. turns out my SI joints were just out of place from leaning towards the right. so i've gone once a week so far, and will probably keep that up until i deliver to make sure everything is aligned to make delivery as easy as possible.

i have an appointment on monday, but i haven't gained any weight since my last post, which is so weird to me. i keep catching my side reflection and getting caught off guard with how far my belly sticks out haha! the picture above is deceiving, just like my front on reflection is. when i'm getting ready, i just look at myself straight on so its seriously surprising seeing my profile. i don't know how the scale isn't going up when my belly is just getting bigger and bigger! i'm almost terrified to get on the scale monday, i keep telling myself, "this is the appointment where you gain 10 lbs!" 

exercising is down to walking around the store, chasing benson at parks, and dragging benson from the floor to his bed during nap time/bed time melt downs. one morning I was ambitious, and kandyce and I walked to the park in my neighborhood. I brought benson's scooter, thinking he was going to love riding it, but he ditched after about a minute haha. so he walked/ran the rest of the way with eli, wore himself out at the park, and i ended up carrying him home. i was seriously dying, haha and my belly was killin me! so no more walks without strollers.

as far as GD goes, i'm losing my motivation to eat healthy. yikes! it hasn't been bad, i've just gotten lazier. breakfast is pretty much always eggs, lunch is always half a turkey sandwich with fruit, and dinner we usually go out and i just order something i know has more protein than carbs. also i've been drinking tons of diet soda, which is allowed bc there's no sugar or carbs, and i just am drinking it for the caffeine boost. but i just made a menu for next week, so i'm ready to buckle down these last couple weeks!

i've started swelling a bit, but its not constant like it was last time. if i'm out and about for awhile, my toes and fingers get a little puffy. if i sit upright for a long time, my feet will swell (this has only happened once, and i was sitting at the computer for 5 hours helping mat with a design). getting up from laying down is a joke, and i get winded switching from one side to the other when i'm in bed haha. but everytime i put shoes on i'm amazed that they still fit! at this point in my pregnancy with benson, i was avoiding any documentation of any kind. i'm pretty sure i did one bump picture, and i cut off my head so that my giant lips and nose wouldn't be shown haha.

i've been getting braxton hicks since about 15 weeks, but they are much more frequent now, and getting so uncomfortable! sharp pain across my lower belly, cramps, sometimes they include my hips/back. i know its all part of preparing for labor, but for now its just annoying! i can only hope that this means my body is already progressing and i will have this girl sooner rather than later.

its weird to think that realistically, i could have this baby in just a couple weeks! kind of terrifying actually haha. i need to get the car seat cleaned, the rock n play cleaned, get her dresser painted, and pack a hospital bag. mat is out of town until sunday so i really need to buckle down and get some of this stuff done before he's back to distract me!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments