10.14.16 | A Thief in Broad Daylight

12:14:00 AM

Benson has recently learned how to open our fridge. Not easily - it's usually a two-handed, full body weight ordeal - but consistently, all the same. I've been laying in bed and he'll waltz in with an entire loaf of bread, asking for a slice haha. The other day I got home from work and noticed the fridge looked funny as I walked to the kitchen for a snack. Bens ran ahead, pointed up, and said "uh oh... S'that?!" ("What's that?") Then I realized why the fridge looked so funny - mat had "baby proofed" the fridge with one of my shoes! my man is clever and resourceful, I won't deny it.


a few days later, when we didn't have our shoe lock in place, I came into the family room only to see benson sprinting from an open fridge over to me.  I asked him what he was doing, and he slowly walked over to a pile of something on the ground, saying, "mess?" low and behold, there were 4 slices of american singles on the ground, and upon closer inspection, I noticed little bite marks on the cheese.  he knew what he had done, and he solemnly picked up the slices, set them on the table, and put himself in time out haha.


this little boy if getting crafty and learning all sorts of ways to test his boundaries haha. this is such a fun stage, but some days I wish he'd stop getting into everything he isn't supposed to. this big pregnant body is getting tired!

in other news, garrison left on his mission last week, and today he got his appendix out! luckily mat and keaton were going to utah anyways, so they were able to see him in the hospital, and karen was able to fly out to be with him until he is discharged from the hospital. benson asks for "jer" (that's how he says garrison, for some reason haha) every other day, and it'll be a sad day when he stops. I don't want to ever teach benson what garrison's real name is, and I sincerely hope that he is "jer" forever haha.


look at that belly! I'm getting massive. only 34 more days left of this pregnancy, assuming I make it to my due date. with benson, I always had a feeling that it would be difficult to get him out of his cozy womb, even though I started progressing pretty early and would have consistent waves on contractions. but I'm not sure how I'm feeling this time around.  part of me thinks I'll go early, part of me thinks I'll get induced early because I have GD/because we don't want to risk this baby getting too big. all I know is this GD business is dumb and I am losing motivation to eat strict. every meal/snack is a battle! I think I'm just getting tired, plus there's pumpkin spice staring at me wherever I go, and I just can't wait until I can indulge!







You Might Also Like

0 Comments