11.6.2016 | 38 Week Bumpdate

9:25:00 AM

i don't have much to add for this week. i don't think i even have a picture worth posting! but at my last appointment, i had gained 3 lbs, and am dilated to a 3, and 90% effaced! i could go into labor at any time at this point! but i'm not holding my breath, since i made it past my due date with bens haha. i told my doc i was getting a little ansy about her size - with benson, i was measuring right on track the entire time, and he was obviously huge. i know that right now i'm measuring right, and i haven't gained nearly as much as i did with bens, but there's really no accurate way to guess how she's doing size wise. so, he told me to come back early next week to get my membranes stripped, which will hopefully push things along. but if it doesn't, he scheduled me for an induction on the 14th, so just 4 days before my due date. but i feel a lot better just having an end date in site and knowing that i at least won't go over! i'm reaaaaaally hoping that i just go into labor on my own - for some reason that's just something i really want to experience at least once. but i don't have much control over that, so just trying to be patient over here!

i finally started painting the baby's dresser haha. i've got a few more coats of paint to go, but its looking good! i've been taking my time, letting coats dry pretty much a full 24 hours in between and sanding. i feel like painting furniture has always been such a pain, but i feel like this time it hasn't been bad. maybe because i am being kind of lazy about it and now trying to get it done super quick. which, really, i should be trying to hurry since we have no clue when she'll be here. oh well though. i'll post pictures of the dresser in its rightful place when its done.

mat has his first show on monday night with the new band, the deadbeat cousins. and i'm working my last shift until after baby monday morning. yeahhhh not looking forward to that at all haha. this is terrible, but i'm kind of hoping my schedule falls apart so i can at least go home early. i haven't worked for about 2 weeks, so things have gotten a little further away from me, bump wise. should be interesting haha. then sometime next week, probably tuesday morning, mat and i are taking bens out for his last hoorah as an only child. putting him to bed the other night i actually got really emotional, thinking about how things will never be the same :( we are so excited to be growing our family, but i'm going to miss giving benson all my attention! laying down with him when i put him to bed is one of my favorite things to do. singing songs, reading stories, just laying there as he points out my eyes, nose, arms, fingers, head... sweet little moments that i only get for so long. things are about to change a ton, and there is no way i can know how it will be, but i am hoping it will all fall into place and we will soon have a routine as a family of 4.

i guess i have a video i can share! its just of benson being crazy with my bump. apparently i wear this stripped dress a looooot haha.


You Might Also Like

0 Comments